Letter to club members:
10/28/2019 AS OF TODAY ~ We are making Plymouth a P3/P4 flying site and Wellfleet a suggested P3/P4 site as well. P2’s will still be allowed to fly at Wellfleet with a current NEPHC Mentor. This will be indefinitely until we investigate as a club how best way to manage our sensitive sites.
Members Only Content
Tim Coleman (NEPHC Flight Director)
Plymouth – Peaked Cliff
- Flight Type: Coastal Ridge Soaring
- Best time to fly: Year Round
- USHPA Rating Requirements: H3/P3 – USHPA and NEPHC membership mandatory.
- Launch – Cliff launch facing East-Northeast Elevation.
- Elevation : 75ft (27m)
- Landing Zone: Beach area near the South staircase. Top-landing at launch is possible for PGs.
- Airspace: This site has no airspace restrictions. Occasional low flying aircraft in the area.
- Hazards: Rotors, venturi, wind gradients, and ocean surf.
- Vehicle Access: NONE AND DON’T EVEN THINK OF IT!! Hike to launch only!
Rules and Regulations:
- DO NOT WALK OR CLIMB ON THE DUNES.
- DO NOT LAND AT THE GOLF COURSE.
- RESPECT LANDOWNER NO-FLY ZONE (Do not fly over house directly left of launch. See image on this page.)
- NO PARKING NEAR LAUNCH: Park only at State Rd parking area (41.803184, -70.545908)
- Land only on the beach or top landing. Do not attempt first top landings unless benign ENE conditions.
- Access to/from the beach is via stairs SOUTH OF LAUNCH. Do not climb the dunes.
Directions and parking:
- Contact your NEPHC Mentor for approved parking location and hiking directions to launch.
- First-time pilots must get a site intro.